Friday, November 03, 2006
Happy Birthday Rita
Yes, that is my Honey Rita. Doesn't she look like she needs adopted by Madonna? My wife the war orphan. It was so hard to get any pictures from Rita's family but they sent the top picture years ago and I love it. She has the most beautiful eyes. Yeh, I know Chris and Sarah, you got more baby pictures than I do but mine is an antique already, although who can't love Beka. Well lets get back to Rita. She became 51 on the 27th(I better post this Blog before she reads that I am telling her age). I don't think my wife has ever looked better at 51 and to me she has not changed in the fifteen years that we have been married. Rita had such a great life growing up in Kalimantan(Borneo) in the Dayak tribe and I always like to hear about her child life. I have heard the stories so much about how she played by the river, where her house was located, and the stories about climbing the Mango trees and her pet monkey. She traveled the river in canoes, fished along the shore, swim among the dangers of the jungle and experienced a very exotic but spiritual life. She had such interesting parents. Her father was a machine operator on ships and traveled away a lot. He fought in the underground against the Japanese, when they invaded Indonesia. Her mom was the mother of nine children, Rita being the youngest, and her mom served as the local medicine specialist, and matriarch to the locals there. Rita's grandfather was the last ruling chief of the Dayak tribe until the Dayak became Christians. Rita was so blessed to have Christian parents who led her in that life as well as her brothers and sisters. I was so pleased to have met her Dad after we got married and sad not to have met her mom who passed away a year before we met. I have met most of Rita's family and to our great joy many of them have visited here in the USA. Rita, I am glad to say is doing great at 51 and she is a vibrant and loving Christian and she makes my life all the better. For Rita's birthday we purchased a health club membership for three years and I now have to pay the price for that, as she had me there 4 times last week. Boy am I stiff after that week and now I realize what it feels like to be really old and out of shape since I will be 65 this January. I have included some great pictures of Rita before we met and doesn't she look "HOT". One of the pictures includes a shot with the CHAMP and another with the minister who married us, in Oregon. Of course the ones in the beginning is my wonderful wife now. Happy Birthday Kasih AND MANY MANY MORE.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Oh, Happy Belated Birthday Rita! I loved the pictures of you in your younger years. You were an adorable baby too! Thanks for sharing Uncle Dan. I hope you had a special birthday Aunt Rita.
Happy Birthday!!!
Thank you Megan & drama queen! I like my life especially after fifty :-)
Post a Comment