Saturday, June 30, 2007




Rita and I were downtown the other night to attend the arts fair which goes on for several weeks at the POINT(where the three rivers join). They also had an event which goes on thru the middle of July where they light up five of the city buildings with picture lighting on the face of the buildings. The city arts commission paid this French artist to do this at a cost of around $300,000? Can you imagine how cities spend their money, especially a city like Pittsburgh that always seems to have news items how they do not have enough money to run departments in the city. Any way the lights were pretty and it was so different to see a building change so quickly at dusk. I have included above a couple of the pictures I took so enjoy our city lit up!!

The fair was most interesting. As most fairs go everything was expensive for the arts and crafts, the food great, the crowds were too much..

No comments: