Today, I decided to plan a trip to KENNYWOOD park here in Pittsburgh. I have been wanting to go to the park since moving here but something always came up and I delayed my visit. I went to the park with my mother when I was a teenager almost 50 years or so ago and my memories are still there about that visit. The park was celebrating something today and the price for regular admission was cut $10. The regular admission price is $31 and seniors get in for $15 regular, so with the reduction today I got in for $5, neat right!. The price includes the admission, free parking, and all the rides, this was too much to turn down. Rita, unfortunately had to work so off I went on my own. Kennywood is over 108 years old and features many of the same rides that were there at the turn of the century. The wooden rollercoaster is one of the few remaining and may be the oldest still in existence(I didn't ride it Rita!) Kennywood calls itself a real family park and that certainly is true from the entrance to the exit, very clean, reasonable and just great fun. I like the food, since it is not a ripoff like you find at many parks and they give you so much. I am sharing many of the pictures that I took beginning with a look at the last producing steel mill remaining in Pittsburgh, located outside the park along the Monongahela river. This mill was part of Andrew Carnegie's legacy and has quite a history. Enjoy the pictures and when you come to visit us we can go to Kennywood for a fun day...
Thursday, July 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Looks like a fun day! If we ever make it out there we'll have to go.
Post a Comment