Thursday, October 09, 2008

PITTSBURGH'S 250TH ANNIVERSARY

Just a few pictures Rita and I took at the evening fireworks display for Pittsburgh's 250th Anniversary. We grabbed an evening train from our house(took 5 cars that passed us before we got on one) The train took us down to Station Square where we started to watch the fireworks from the Smithfield bridge(see photo's of mass of people on bridge) Remember Pittsburgh has a lot of bridges so this was a large crowd downtown. I suspect that there was over 500,000 people downtown watching the fireworks, music and all. They were shooting off the fireworks from many places around town, including off the top of the buildings and I suspect from the river itself. Our friend Amy Fisher and her husband Matt were downtown and wouldn't you know it our paths cossed on the bridge and we watched the fireworks together(see Amy hanging on to the upper part of the bridge) Hi Amy!!!
Sorry, I suspect Matt has better pics than me because he had a tripod and all. It was fun and hope you get an idea of the happenings shown below. Don't forget to click on the pictures to blow them up for better viewing.

1 comment:

Sarah Kuhner said...

The fireworks show looked like a lot of fun. We missed out on fireworks this year due to the fires in the area. Maybe next year.

The farm pictures also looked like lots of fun. Our family would have really enjoyed that, especially if we could have done it with you guys.