Saturday, November 08, 2008

NOVEMBER UPDATE

Well, I had an epidural block today under CT scan. My legs, especially the left one have been bothering me a lot lately due to the back problems I experienced from the accident. I really feel a lot older somedays when I try to walk and the pain prevents me from really doing any strong activity. Travel in a car still is OK if I take the medicine the doctors prescribed for me but I am not a big medicine taker and look forward to getting off of those prescrips. The block seems to help a little bit and a maybe a few more days it will get even better. Hopefully with continued exercise and limited anti-inflammatory meds I will be back to the activity I had before the accident in June. Rita seems to be doing fine after her therapy and is pretty much back to herself now. The weather has been beautiful here in Pa but we can expect a change to come soon. Weather usually is Fall like and many nice warm days through January and then through March it gets quite cold and light snow.

We were sadden this week to hear about the passing of Aunt Eva Free, Mom's youngest and last sibling. Rita and I will be attending her funeral in Hadley,PA on Monday and representing the family. I believe she was 94. From her daughter's call she passed quietly in her sleep late this week. To those who knew her, you will remember her quick sense of humor, quilt making, independance and the enjoyment of her family and farm home until only a few years ago when she moved to a carehome in Fredonia, PA. If you are interested in sending cards and do not have an address, contact me by e-mail and I will give you an address you can write to.

1 comment:

Sarah Kuhner said...

We'll be praying that your back will get better and you will be able to do your normal activities again. Love you guys!!