Sunday, October 08, 2006

Well it is Sunday and another week has been completed for Rita and I. Rita completed her first week at her job and from the daily reports she has given me she really enjoys the staff and her new research boss Dr. Hall. She has appreciated their support of her first week there and has found everyone most informed and helpful to her. I can tell you personally the highlights have been the: good humor and cheerful attitudes of everyone, the quality of the university academic life, the new challenges she has been given and the opportunity to use her previous skills and learn so many new ones. The highlights continued to include the great new cafeteria food(reasonable)and all the free "kleenex". I know about the food situation because she rarely is hungry when she gets home to eat the supper I have prepared with my hard work and effort("tears"). As far as the Kleenex, well whatever gets you excited my Dear!... I am so happy for her that she has found such a good work environment and know that she will be a great success at what she does. The LORD does bless all of those "who are happy in their work".

After church today we went downtown to several of the museums, as there was a free admission day. The weather has been in the 70's and what a beautiful fall day it was. We found a string quartet playing at the library as well as a full choral group singing in the Natural History Museum. It is really wonderful to be only minutes from downtown to enjoy the many activities that are available. As the colors are changing slowly I will get some camera shots to include in my next posting for all to see.

We are waiting for the happy news soon about Chris and Sarah's first child as we heard that Sarah is in labor and the days are close. Our prayers for them as they wait upon the Lord for this gift. I would like to share a poem that was read to us last week in our sunday school class and then I will be back in a week or so with more updates and hopefully some good fall pictures. GOD BLESS EVERYONE.

TIME TO PRAY

I GOT UP QUITE EARLY ONE MORNING
AND RUSHED INTO THE DAY
I HAD SO MUCH TO ACCOMPLISH
I TOOK NO TIME TO PRAY

THE PROBLEMS JUST TUMBLED ABOUT ME
AND HEAVIER CAME EVERY TASK;
"WHY DOESN'T GOD HELP ME" I WONDERED
HE SAID " WHY DIDN'T YOU ASK!"

I SAW NAUGHT OF JOY OR OF BEAUTY
THE DAY SPED ON, GRAY AND BLEAK;
I ASKED "WHY WON'T THE LORD SHOW ME?"
HE SAID "BUT YOU DIDN'T SEEK!"

I TRIED TO COME INTO GOD'S PRESENCE;
I USED ALL THE KEYS AT THE LOCK,
GOD GENTLY, LOVINGLY CHIDED,
"MY CHILD, WHY DIDN'T YOU KNOCK?"

I WOKE UP QUITE EARLY THIS MORNING
AND PAUSED AS I ENTERED THE DAY;
THERE WAS SO MUCH TO ACCOMPLISH

I HAD TO TAKE TIME TO PRAY

3 comments:

Sarah Kuhner said...

I am so glad that you have entered blog land. It will be so much easier staying in touch now. No baby yet. I really thought that it would come Wed. night b/c I was having contractions 2-3 minutes apart and was a third of the way there. Then the contractions backed off and I went home from the hospital Thursday am. I'm still having long and hard contractions they just aren't progressing into full labor. I am trying to be patient and wait for God's timing. Every thing is ready for the baby to come and I am now trying to get caught up on my scrapbooking. We will keep you updated. Love you guys bunches.

jenylu said...

I love the poem you posted -- I've heard it before but will now put it somewhere I can refer to it often.

Glad Aunt Rita is enjoying her job and all the free Kleenix -- that is probably an especially good perk during cold season!

Megan @ SimplyThrifty said...

Thanks for sharing. Prayer is one thing I have needed a lot of this week. :) He IS faithful though!